Programs and Events
The Office of Campus Life offers a wide variety of student-initiated and student-led activities ranging from dances and concerts, intramural sports and outdoor adventures, to events for commuter students and large-scale campus traditions. Below is just a small sample of some of the opportunities we provide.
- Fall Fest:Held the first Friday after classes begin, Fall Fest is an outdoor festival and concert to showcase what the Office of Campus Life is all about! Open to all students, staff, and faculty within the APU community, this event features performances, a concert, rock wall, popcorn, cotton candy, and dinner provided in collaboration with Dining Services. A great way to kick of the beginning of the academic year!
- Intramural Sports: We offer intramural sporting opportunities year-round. Fall sports include flag football (for men and women) and co-ed volleyball, as well as various tournaments.
- Homecoming Weekend: As a part of Homecoming Weekend, our office hosts Battle of the Bands and the annual Homecoming dance. Both events are student highlights of the year and seek to promote community and belonging for students in the legacy of APU.
- Les Femmes: The university’s fall semiformal dance held at an off-campus location in the L.A. area.
- Intramural Sports: Spring sports for intramurals include basketball, soccer, softball, as well as many other tournaments.
- The GIG: Our semi-formal spring dance, held at an off campus L.A. location.
- Amp the Theater Our performing arts interns bring leading names in music to campus for a concert at our Wynn Amphitheater.
- Last Bash: Our end-of-the year "School is out and finals are almost over so let's all celebrate" event. Don't miss it!
Events Held Throughout the Year
- Expression Nights: A monthly opportunity for students and student groups to share their passion, talent, interests, and culture with the campus community through the performing arts.
- Open Mic Nights: A chance for the APU community to express their God-given talent, whether that be music, poetry, dance, or another talent.
- Outdoor Adventure Trips: Activities such as hiking, camping, and rock climbing.
- On-campus Dances: These events allow students to have fun, dance the night away, and enjoy the amazing community APU provides.
- Student Clubs and Organizations Fair: Once per semester, this event provides students with information on how to get involved in special interest clubs and organizations.
- Commuter Events: Ranges from free lunches to events exclusively for commuter students. Be sure to get your commuter keychain in order to partake in these opportunities specifically for commuter students.
- Midnight Breakfast: An APU tradition, this event is held each semester the night before finals week starts. Students can grab a late-night breakfast, enjoy entertaining shows, and even connect and study with professors beforehand.