The Student Union is a community space located in the Cougar Dome that provides APU students a place to gather, study, and relax on campus. Stop by and play a game of ping pong with a friend or take advantage of the computer stations to work on a class project. The Student Union also houses a number of student resources and offices, including the Office of Commuter Life and the Office of Campus Life.
During remote learning for the 2020-21 academic year, the Cougar Dome will be closed. While the services located in the Cougar Dome are currently not available, the Office of Commuter Life is still available to offer support and connection. You can contact our office to speak with a Commuter Life staff member by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling (626) 812-3032.
Student Union Office Directory
- Office of Commuter Life: Provides a number of services, programs and events that cater to commuter student needs, including parking permits, public transportation and off-campus housing.
- Office of Campus Life: Plans various APU social events to foster community and engagement among students. Visit their office to purchase tickets for special events, learn more about clubs on campus, or for other community-related questions.
- Graduate and Professional Student Engagement Office: Offers several services and programs that serve the needs of graduate and professional students on APU’s various campuses.
Student Union Services
- Computer stations and printers
- APU's lost and found
- Recreational equipment including a pool table, ping pong table, and basketball court
- Outdoor equipment rental
- Commuter services: The Office of Commuter Life provides complimentary snacks and coffee, a refrigerator, microwave, and more amenities for commuter students to use
- Tickets for Campus Life events
For questions about the Student Union services or amenities, please contact the Office of Commuter Life.
Policies and Procedures
For policies pertaining to the Student Union (Cougar Dome), refer to the Student Union Policies and Procedures (PDF).