31st Annual David C. Bicker Communication IMPACT Conference
Saturday, February 3, 2018, 8:45 a.m.–3:30 p.m.
Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA
The IMPACT Conference brings together students and alumni, scholars and practitioners, to advance the mission of the Department of Communication Studies as they impact the culture for Christ.
Founded in 1987 by David C. Bicker, Ph.D., professor emeritus and founding chair of the Department of Communication Studies, the IMPACT Conference features field-relevant research and presentations from students and faculty as they carry on the mission.
With representation from more than six other colleges and universities, we’re looking forward to welcoming presentations and conversations on topics such as:
- The rise of women in technology and startups
- How to avoid group project disasters
- White savior complex in public relations
- Media exposure to Christian love, acceptance, and homosexuality
- The effects of color on Instagram
- How to grow your portfolio through freelancing
- Interpersonal relationships in the digital environment
- Fake news, real emotions