Merari Weber, Ed.D.
Adjunct Professor, Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL
Phone: (626) 815-3844
Merari Weber, Ed.D., has been a specialist in English as a Second Language (ESL) since 1997 and is passionate about her ESL community, having taught all levels of ESL in adult school and community college. She has participated in various curriculum writing teams from adult school to community college. Because of her commitment to education, she earned her doctorate in Educational Leadership with an emphasis in Teacher Education in Multicultural Societies from the University of Southern California, focusing on teacher training and curriculum development, and her Preliminary Administrative Credential from National University. Her dissertation focus was on globalization, STEM-PBL, and science fairs as a vehicle for acquisition of 21st-century skills. She aspires to be of service to the community of educators who are developing and empowering future leaders.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of Southern California
- M.A., TESOL, California State University, Los Angeles
- B.A., Liberal Studies, California State University, Los Angeles
- Preliminary Administrative Credential, National University
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL
- Curriculum and Teacher Development
- TESL 515 – Teaching English Grammar
- TESL 570 – Second-language Assessment