Application Deadlines––Fall 2019
January 15, 2019 - Early Application Deadline (Priority)
June 15, 2019 - Deadline
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Please note: International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa will be eligible to apply for this program in 2019.
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- One- to two-page personal statement describing why you wish to study applied statistics and analytics at APU, as well as key aspects of your background that prepared you for the program and your career goals. A résumé is optional, but may be included.
- Two recommendation letters, to be submitted by references with knowledge of your academic ability and potential
- Courses in calculus or applied calculus (including basic multivariable calculus) and linear algebra or applied linear algebra are preferred
Students deficient in one or both of these areas will be required to take the corresponding 1-unit fundamentals course(s), MATH 199 and/or MATH 299, during the five-week summer session prior to the start of their first fall term.
All other students admitted to the program may take these courses as refreshers if desired. Early applicants are not charged tuition for the refresher.
Preferred baccalaureate degrees for the applied statistics and analytics master’s degree include: B.S. in Mathematics, B.S. in Biological Sciences, B.S. in Chemistry, B.S. in Engineering, or related degrees.
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.