APU’s Bachelor of Science in Biology major equips students to explore God’s creation. The program provides a solid foundation in a wide range of biology and chemistry topics. These then provide a framework for an emphasis in ecological, molecular, or organismal biology.
Biology majors have the opportunity to conduct cutting edge research alongside faculty, allowing them to stand out among their peers when applying for graduate programs or professional research positions.
Throughout the program, students study ethical conduct in research, a Christian’s role in the scientific community, and the relationship of Christian faith to the natural world. Biology majors gain a deep understanding of the building blocks of life and leave APU ready to make a difference in the world.
APU also offers a science concentration for liberal studies majors.
Is This Major Right for You?
You’re a biology major if you:
- Are interested in and concerned about taking care of God’s creation.
- Enjoy spending time in the great outdoors or behind a microscope.
- Are thorough, process oriented, and detail oriented.
- Enjoy doing research in field and lab settings.
- Want to help humankind overcome serious challenges.
- Love to discover how living systems work.
- Are good at thinking analytically.
Learn more about this major.
The biological sciences have allowed me to see and experience the intricacies of the physical world. My learned understanding demands the transformation of an intellectual and theological pursuit into a profession which I now feel more prepared to pursue. My response hopefully reflects the intersection of humanity’s biological needs and God’s endless grace.Dan Ojala ’12