Careers for Chemistry Majors
- Research Scientist
- Research and Laboratory Technician
- Environmental, Energy, or Health and Safety Researcher for the Government or Industry
- Policy Maker for the Government
- Forensic Scientist
- Pharmacist and Pharmaceutical Researcher
- Dentist, Physician, Veterinarian, or other Health Professional
The typical starting salary for a chemistry major is $45,860. The typical salary after 10–19 years is $74,210.
*Note: Salary information is provided for general reference only. APU does not guarantee the accuracy of the figures listed, and cannot predict or promise a specific salary for any graduate. For the most current salary estimates, please visit payscale.com.
Job Titles of People with Chemistry Degrees
- Director of Biomaterials Laboratory, Massachusetts General Hospital NMR Center
- Senior Director of Business Development, Dynogen Pharmaceuticals
- Supervisor of Analytical Chemistry and Radiochemistry, ABB Combustion Engineering Nuclear Operations
- Research Scientist, D.E. Shaw Research, LLC
- Senior Scientist in High Throughput Synthesis, PTC Therapeutics
- Chemist, Xerox Corp.
- Analytical Chemist, Validation Resources
- Wine Chemist, Napa Valley
- Chemical Engineer, Hewlett-Packard
- Quality Control Chemist, Valvoline Oil
- Chemist, Intel Corp.