Make an Impact in Digital Media
Designed for students with at least 15 units of college credits, the Bachelor of Arts in Digital Media and Communication degree completion program equips you with the skills you need to be an effective writer and storyteller across digital platforms. Study at APU’s Inland Empire or Murrieta regional campuses in a two-year program with classes one evening a week, which is ideal for working professionals.
A Creative and Fast-Growing Industry
In a world that’s always connected, clear and effective communication is more important than ever. News organizations, companies, nonprofits, and users communicate across media platforms every day. Professionals who specialize in digital strategies and storytelling must articulate their message and attract their audience’s attention in an increasingly noisy world.
Digital media is driving growth in the Southern California job market, accounting for 206,000 jobs currently with a strong projected growth rate. Azusa Pacific’s bachelor’s completion program in digital media and communication is one of the region’s first to be specifically designed to prepare professionals for positions in this rapidly expanding industry.
Graduate Equipped for Careers in Digital Media
The digital media degree completion program prepares graduates as qualified communication professionals skilled in producing digital storytelling for client branding or news; creating strategic content for clients, nonprofits, publishers, and agencies; and publishing across digital platforms, including online magazines, websites, and social media such as Instagram, Twitter, and more. A faith-based framework provides a deep understanding of the ethical and moral implications of content creation and publishing.
What Is a Bachelor’s Completion Program?
Azusa Pacific’s bachelor’s completion programs allow students who began a program of study at another higher education institution to finish their degree at APU. In order to graduate, these transfer students must complete the required program units and general education units, for a total of 120 units.
Digital Media and Communication Program Highlights
- Benefit from writing and editing courses that help you produce creative and well-written content for any client.
- Learn from professors of practice who are experts with current field experience in the industry.
- Developing and produce content on a class website or blog, and receive peer feedback and story coaching.
- Hone your personal presentation skills for client meetings and presentations.
- Develop a nuanced understanding, within a faith framework, of ethical challenges in the digital media ecosystem and what is required for true reader engagement.
- Graduate with a digital portfolio containing story pitches to news outlets, press releases, feature news articles, and multimedia stories comprising audio, video, and written content for cross-platform publication.