We highly recommend that all incoming music majors audition with the APU School of Music. Auditions help us assess your skill level, place you into consideration for a CMA Music Scholarship, and help you plan your career as a college music major. Scholarships will only be awarded to those students who audition. Students may need to audition or interview in more than one category to ensure the best possible assessment.
We also welcome those students who would like to minor in music or participate in one of APU’s many choral and instrumental ensembles to audition as well.
Students who audition with the APU School of Music will be automatically considered for one of the following scholarships:
- CMA Music Scholarship - Music Majors Only
- CMA Engagement Scholarship - Music Minors and Non-Music Majors
Scholarships are awarded on a rolling basis, so students are encouraged to audition early for best consideration.
- Thursday, October 12, 2017 - during APU Preview
- Friday, October 13, 2017 - during APU Preview
- Saturday, November 4, 2017 - during APU Open House
- Friday, January 19, 2018 - during APU College of Music and the Arts Open House
- Friday, February 9, 2018
- Thursday, March 15, 2018 - during Choose APU
- Friday, March 16, 2018 - during Choose APU
- Sat, March 17, 2018 - during Choose APU
If you are not able to audition during one of our scheduled dates, please contact our office at firstname.lastname@example.org or 626-815-4600 and we will attempt to accommodate you. While we encourage in person auditions when possible, auditions via URL or YouTube link are also available.
How to Schedule Your Audition and Apply for a CMA Scholarship
- Email email@example.com or call 626-815-4600 with:
- Your email
- The instrument(s) with which you would like to audition
- Your preferred major (if you have one)
- The date(s) you would like to audition
- Complete your APU Application
- Complete your FAFSA form (Available on October 1, 2017). APU’s School Code is 001117.
If you will not be completing FAFSA for any reason, please email Leslie Cheng at firstname.lastname@example.org. This will expedite consideration of your audition materials by the Scholarship Committee.
What to Expect at Auditions
Typically, you will first check in at our APU School of Music Office in Warren 239, where you will fill out an audition form. Next, you will meet one-on-one with a faculty member in his/her office. This is an opportunity for them to hear what you’ve prepared, but also for you to explore more about our programs and feel free to ask questions. This is a time when we can get to know you and you can get to know us.
Undergraduate Audition Requirements
Receive more information about audition requirements when you contact us to set up an audition at email@example.com or 626-815-4600.
Graduate & Artist Certificate
Auditions for the APU School of Music Graduate Program and Artist Certificate Programs are dependent on the program you wish to pursue.