Janet Harms, Ed.D.
Professor of Keyboard and Organ Studies
Phone: (626) 815-3848
Fax: (626) 969-7419
Janet Harms, Ed.D., is an internationally acclaimed concert organist who has performed throughout the United States and presented more than 80 recitals in Germany, France, Switzerland, Sweden, and Italy. She was awarded a scholarship to the Juilliard School of Music in New York at age 13. Equally at home on the conductor’s podium, Harms has pursued a dual career as a choral conductor. In 1995, she founded—and still serves as artistic director of—the 85-voice Windsong Southland Chorale of Ontario. The group returned to New York for its fourth Carnegie Hall performance on May 22, 2005.
- Ed.D., Columbia University
- M.M., American Conservatory of Music
- B.M., American Conservatory of Music
- School of Music (College of Music and the Arts)
- Undergraduate Programs
- College of Music and the Arts
- Class Piano