ConGRADulations Drive-Thru Photo Opportunity
In addition to our virtual ceremonies, the university is excited to host ConGRADulations, a drive-thru photo opportunity for California-based graduates on Friday, May 7, on APU’s West Campus.
This free event will feature photo stations. Dress in your regalia and snap pictures, while faculty, staff, and administrators cheer and celebrate you! At one photo station, you will take a photo with your family/household members, complete with an APU-specific backdrop. At the end of the drive-thru, you will participate in an individual photo with a professional photographer as our gift to you.
ConGRADulations times are divided into two groups:
- 9 a.m.-1 p.m. for Undergraduate Students
- 2-6 p.m. for Graduate and Professional Students
Reserve Your Spot
Complete the appropriate RSVP form (Undergraduate or Graduate and Professional) by Friday, April 30. Only 50 cars are permitted per hour, so reserve your spot today! Please note, each graduate can RSVP for one vehicle only, and they must be present in their vehicle at the time of the check-in.
Registration is closed.
To provide you with a safe and successful drive-thru event, we will follow COVID-19 state and county regulations. You play a key role in helping us follow these measures by learning about the event details:
- Be dressed in graduation regalia or professional attire and ready to go for the photo opportunity. Pacing to accommodate all our graduates safely means changing outfits will not be possible at the event.
- Please attend in an enclosed vehicle with members of the same household (please no motorcycles, convertibles with the top open, vehicles with no doors, or bicycles).
- Please remain in the vehicle throughout the duration of the drive-thru event, except for photo op and emergency purposes. When exiting the vehicle for the photo opportunity, social distancing guidelines must be followed.
- You may not change vehicles during the drive-thru experience.
- Attendees must wear a mask throughout the duration of the event, even while in vehicles, except for the photo.
- Follow the driving directions provided in the detailed map below. We will have staff directing traffic flow and keeping the cars moving.
- There will not be access to a restroom during the drive-thru event, so plan accordingly.
Please note that changes may occur depending on the guidelines and adjustments of COVID-19 restrictions and state regulations. Per our county guidelines and the current travel advisory, this event is for California-based residents only. Given the need to specify your arrival time and the large window offered to accommodate as many graduates as possible throughout the day, we cannot promise that faculty from your department will be participating during the time you come to campus.
If you are not a California-based graduate, we plan to host additional photo opportunities for you once the travel advisory is lifted. If you have any questions, please email email@example.com