Commuter Life Assistants
What is the Commuter Life Assistant Program?
The Commuter Life Assistant Program is designed to match incoming freshman and transfer commuter students with a Commuter Life Assistant student leader who will provide guidance and support to commuters while creating opportunities for commuters to meet each other and learn about APU resources and services. The primary goal of a CLA is to help commuter students adjust to life at APU and engage them with academic and personal development opportunities.
Commuter Life Assistants serve the APU community by working shifts in the Student Union, where they help dispense information, manage ticketing services, and oversee the services provided specifically to commuter students.
The position is available to all students, not only commuter students. Expectations and requirements of a Commuter Life Assistant include the following:
- Time commitment of 12+ hours a week
- Have and maintain at least a 2.5 cumulative GPA
- Adhere to the Student Leadership Covenant
- Other employment or volunteer work, whether on or off campus, is to be kept to a maximum of 15 hours per week.
|Student Union Desk Hours in Cougar Dome||8-12 hours|
|Staff Meeting with CLA Staff||1 hour|
|Meeting with Assistant Director of Commuter Life||1 hour every other week|
|Programming and Event Planning||1-2 hours|
|Weekend shift once per month||0-12 hours|
|Total hours||11-28 hours per week|
How to Apply
Are you thinking about becoming a Commuter Life Assistant (CLA) next year? Apply for all student leadership positions on Handshake (create your account; you may also access Handshake through the Quicklinks menu on home.apu.edu).
2018-2019 Commuter Life Staff
- Hanna Sayegh, Commuter Intern
- Rebecca White, Commuter Life Assistant
- Isabel Gutierrez, Commuter Life Assistant
- Citllali Prado, Commuter Life Assistant
- Odessey Langston, Commuter Life Assistant
- Brittany Bauerle, Commuter Life Assistant
- Martina Zaghloul, Commuter Life Assistant
- Mila Therese Reyes, Commuter Life Assistant