Communiversity’s Performing Arts plans, develops, and executes programs for the entertainment and education of the APU community through large and small scale concerts, Expression nights, and other social justice, music, and arts related events.
The Performing Arts team hosts several events throughout the year such as:
- Fall Fest - A concert and festival hosted by the Office of Communiversity to kick off the year
- Open Mic Nights - fall and spring semesters
- Expression Nights - evenings where the entire APU community is invited to learn more about a different culture through food, music, and performances
- Sabor Latino, in collaboration with the Latin American Student Association
- APASO Expressions, in collaboration with the Asian Pacific American Student Association
- Just Expressions, in collaboration with the Center for Student Action
- BSA Expressions, in collaboration with the Black Student Association
- Global Expressions, in collaboration with the Office of International Students and Scholars
- Amp the Theater - Yearly concert hosted at the Wynn Amphitheater
- Last Bash - End of the year concert for the APU community
Additionally, the team can create new and exciting events that promote a sense of belonging based on student feedback, such as music/art nights, a lip sync event, or other small concert series.
Send your ideas, suggestions, feedback, or inquiries to email@example.com.
Interested in a Performing Arts intern position at the Office of Communiversity? See below for the application link.
Performing Arts Crew
The Performing Arts area oversees the Performing Arts Crew (PAC), a first-year (transfers welcome) volunteer leadership opportunity. PAC exists to promote community, involvement, and a sense of belonging by providing students with engaging performing arts events. PAC members work with the Director of Campus Activities and the Performing Arts interns.
PAC is a great way to get involved on campus and network with APU administrators, faculty, and staff. The experience is also beneficial when applying to future campus leadership positions.
Applications are typically due mid-September to serve for that same academic year. If the application period has passed, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org to see how you can get involved.