Senior Seminar: Ethics in Theater, Film, and Television
This seminar in media ethics helps students understand the ethical
dilemmas faced by practitioners of theater, film, and television in a
variety of situations. Through the study of dramatic, film, and mass
communication theories and criticism, students learn the powerful
ways in which the entertainment media define, create, maintain and/or
change cultural realities and understand the ethical implications therein.
Meets the General Studies Senior Seminar requirement.
Prerequisites: A student intending to register for Senior Seminar must meet the following prerequisites.
1. Completion of a minimum of 90 units
2. Completion of the Upper-division Writing Intensive requirement
3. Completion of God’s Word and the Christian Response units, according to the following:
• For students transferring in 0–27 units: 9 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response
• For students transferring in 28–59 units: 6 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response
• For students transferring in 60 or more units: 3 units of God’s Word and the Christian Response