Dear Azusa Pacific Murrieta Regional Campus students,
Just yesterday, Riverside County announced that all schools, including private colleges and universities, must close from March 16 to April 3. APU will comply with that order. Effective Monday, March 16, the Regional Campus in Murrieta (MRC) is closed. We will continue to monitor the situation and be prepared to open our doors at MRC after April 3, if the order is lifted by then and we can do so while maintaining a healthy and safe environment for our employees.
To be clear, our compliance with the county’s order does not impact the transition to the Canvas-based teaching environment, starting Monday, March 16, and continuing through Friday, May 1, announced earlier this week. During this season, the essential elements of your APU education and support services remain in place:
- Classes will continue in a Canvas-based format that supports remote teaching; please work with your program director and academic department to determine various details. Visit apu.edu/canvas for details regarding your class and faculty contact. Additional Canvas student support is also available.
- The MRC team is working remotely during this season and available via email at firstname.lastname@example.org.
- In these challenging times, a couple of valuable resources remain available to you:
- ProtoCall provides access to mental/emotional health support. Call (855) 231-0895 to speak with a licensed clinician 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- MRC’s SoulQuest Pastor Rev. Melanie Bernard is available to offer spiritual support. Her email address is email@example.com.
- The Graduate and Professional Student Engagement (GPSE) office is open Monday-Friday, 8 a.m.-5 p.m., and may be reached by phone at (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2555, or at firstname.lastname@example.org. Additionally, GPSE will utilize its Student Success Interns to reach out via phone and email to MRC students, beginning March 16 as an additional way of offering support and receiving input from students.
Additional information about APU's response to COVID-19 is available on the APU website.
Closing MRC, even for a temporary period, is challenging for all of us. In that light, now is an important time to collaborate with and provide support for classmates, friends, and family. The APU Murrieta Regional Campus Community is here to assist you if you have questions in the days ahead. If you do, email them to email@example.com.
With kind regards,
Dr. Drake Levasheff, senior director, Murrieta Regional Campus
Dr. Matt Browning, director, Graduate and Professional Student Engagement