Originally published 3-17-20; Updated 3-19-20
Dear APU Community Members,
We have received several inquiries regarding whether or not community members may leave their vehicles on campus during the university-adopted social distancing measures. The safest option for the APU community is to remove personal vehicles from campus as soon as possible. However, we want to support APU community members during these difficult times, so we have implemented a protocol to assist APU community members. If you choose to leave your vehicle on campus in accordance with the below-detailed protocol, please do so only as a temporary measure, because the safest place for your vehicle is at home with you. APU assumes no liability for property damage or theft related to vehicles left on any university property.
Those choosing to temporarily leave their personal vehicles on APU property must adhere to the following protocols:
- Effective immediately, APU community members, who have no way to move their vehicles off campus, may park their vehicles in parking lot H (on West Campus) through June 1, 2020. Please park in marked stalls only. Please do not leave your vehicle in any other campus parking lot if you move away from campus. Please make arrangements to remove your vehicle from campus as soon as possible. APU assumes no liability for property damage or theft related to vehicles parked on university property.
- Community members leaving their vehicles on campus must ensure their vehicles are registered with the parking office. If the vehicle has a current parking permit, there is no need to re-register the vehicle. However, if your telephone contact number has changed, please be sure to update your contact information with the parking office before leaving your vehicle in Lot H. We need current contact information for all vehicles in case Campus Safety needs to reach the vehicle owner in an emergency.
- Community members should remove all valuables from the interior and trunk of their vehicles and ensure their vehicles are locked. Items left in vehicles invite window-smash thefts, so please leave nothing of value inside.
- Campus Safety will provide extra patrols of Lot H as often as possible to provide an added layer of security.
- Please follow the above protocols to avoid vehicle relocation and associated fees.
- Please remove your vehicle from campus on or before June 1, 2020.
- Please monitor your APU email regularly for updates on this and other university protocols relative to the Coronavirus pandemic.
The Department of Campus Safety continues its commitment to providing a safe and secure environment for the APU community and we are offering daily prayers for everyone as we navigate these unsettling times.
Paul Dennis, executive director, Department of Campus Safety