In order to promote the safety and health of the APU community, we re-envisioned our full slate of welcome events. Rather than a weekend devoted to move-in and introducing you to the Azusa Pacific family, we will host a series of Welcome Days designed to provide that same warm welcome and help you establish a sense of belonging, while minimizing large gatherings, promoting social distancing, and complying with federal, state, and county public health and government guidelines.
This new format only underscores our commitment to you—to help you discover the people and resources needed for you to connect and thrive in APU’s Christ-centered academic community. We deeply appreciate your flexibility as we approach the fall with a collective sense of responsibility to one another.
All university plans reflect a shared responsibility for the health and safety of the APU Community, which includes compliance with changing health orders from federal, state, and county authorities, and our commitment to uphold an excellent Christ-centered education for all students. These principles are especially important in light of the recent COVID-19 surge and California’s response to reduce the spread. Please carefully review all APU communications as we continue to monitor the impact of these orders on institutions of higher education and respond accordingly.
APU Welcome Days will take place on Monday, August 17-Saturday, August 22. Each incoming student will attend one Welcome Day. All students and guests MUST register for Welcome Days.
- Residential (Living On-Campus) Students will be assigned to a Welcome Day based on their housing assignment check-in date provided by the Office of Residence Life.
- Commuter Students will select their Welcome Day based on availability on the registration form.
- International Students will receive specific information from the International Student and Scholar office. Please contact firstname.lastname@example.org for assistance.
- Incoming Athletes will receive specific information from the Department of Athletics. Please contact email@example.com for assistance.
- Guests (Family Members, Guardians, etc.) will have the opportunity to participate in their student’s Welcome Day both on campus and/or in virtual formats. Please note, there may be limitations on the amount of guests who may be able to participate in person due to county and state health directives and guidance.
More information will be provided via email and the APU Welcome Days website in the coming weeks, including event details and check-in details.
In the meantime, please register for this event. We look forward to having you on campus this fall.
Welcome Days Planning Team