Although the majority of students will study away from campus, Residence Life has developed a thorough plan to provide student housing for those with extenuating circumstances or for those receiving education in professions deemed essential to the nation’s recovery from the pandemic, including healthcare, that have necessary in-person components.
The residence halls (Trinity, Engstrom, and Adams) remain closed for the fall semester. For students seeking exceptions to live in university apartments, please review the following guidelines.
Fall 2020 Housing Guidelines
- Students already approved for a Summer 2020 housing extension, based on extenuating circumstances and enrolled for Fall, may apply to continue to have on-campus housing accommodations. Please review and complete the Fall Housing Request by July 31, which includes APU Student Health Center COVID-19 health and safety guidance.
- Students in programs leading to essential professions, including healthcare, who already have Fall on-campus housing assignments may maintain residence in an APU apartment. Please review and complete the Fall Housing Request by July 31, which includes APU Student Health Center COVID-19 health and safety guidance. Anticipate communication from your program and Residence Life in the coming days to provide more information.
- Students in need of housing for Fall 2020 due to extenuating circumstances may petition for residence in an APU apartment. Please review and complete the Fall Housing Request by July 31, which includes APU Student Health Center COVID-19 health and safety guidance.
- All students approved for Fall 2020 on-campus living arrangements will be required to sign a Housing License Addendum, a waiver, and other legal provisions.
- Please carefully review the Student Training Guide (PDF) with information on the expectations of returning to campus, and how we as a community share the responsibility in maintaining a safe living and learning environment.
Living Area Access
- Only students assigned to live in a designated living area are allowed access to space. Visitors are not permitted with the exception of move-in week; only two visitors per resident are allowed to assist students in moving in or out of their living area assignment.
- Common area spaces, including lounges, laundry rooms, study rooms, etc., have limited availability and occupancy restrictions, and are subject to reconfiguration in accordance with physical distancing measures.
Living Area Health and Physical Distancing Guidelines
- Face coverings must be worn in all public living area spaces and students are advised to adhere to physical distance protocols when outside their room.
- Community members are expected to provide support and accountability to one another for adherence to physical distancing protocols.
- Review additional campus physical distancing guidelines.