Azusa Pacific University
Graduate Art & Design Programs
Units: 30 Location: Low residency in Orange County
Azusa Pacific’s UXD program integrates a signature approach to human-centered design from an artistic perspective. As a UX professional, you’ll learn to create high-impact user experiences that are cohesive, connective, and meaningful.
- Integrate a Christian worldview with the role of design to create an impact through your profession.
- Directly apply creative and analytical skills acquired in class as you work with real-world clients.
- Learn from industry-connected faculty passionate about sharing their knowledge with you.
Units: 60 Location: Low residency in Azusa (main campus)
The Master of Fine Arts (MFA) is a collaborative, low-residency program close to the world-class cultural venues of Los Angeles. Faculty mentors and visiting artists guide you as you develop a cohesive vision of art and faith.
- Complete the MFA during 4 summer residency terms with independent practice in fall and spring.
- Build relationships with mentor-professors who hone your talent through critique and instruction.
- Gain exposure to new aesthetic or stylistic positions shared by visiting artists and guest lecturers.
Units: 36 Location: Online (no residency requirement)
The MA in Modern and Contemporary Art History is an innovative, two-year master’s degree for a rising generation of art historians. Move beyond art appreciation to achieve expertise through aesthetic understanding and scholarly analysis.
- Prepare for a wide range of art-related careers or for further graduate studies at the doctoral level.
- Learn from expert faculty with a wealth of experience as historians and critics in the visual arts.
- Benefit from online courses that provide flexibility while maximizing professor-student interaction.
Units: 30 Location: Online and low residency in Azusa (main campus)
The Master of Arts in Art Education is a dynamic program for artists who love to teach and want to transform students’ lives. Enhance your art and teaching career learning alongside master educators in a low-residency format.
- Cultivate your art-making and teaching career simultaneously as you earn the degree.
- Work with master teachers who help you engage the world through theory and research.
- Connect, refine techniques, and make art during two artistic studio collaborations each July.