Maria J. Gross, Ed.D.
Director of Clinical Experiences and Assistant Professor, Division of Teacher Education
Phone: (626) 815-5074
Office Location: Building One, Room 113F
Maria J. Gross, Ed.D., discovered her passion for education while volunteering in an elementary classroom, guiding students to embrace STEM concepts through project-based learning. She earned her master’s degree and certificate while teaching math and science full-time in a Christian middle and high school. She served as K-12 math and science department head, taught engineering and math in community college, and math methods at the University of Washington. Her current research focuses on educating pre-service and in-service teachers to better support culturally diverse student populations through literature, service learning, and collaborative clinical practice models. She currently serves on AACTE’s Global Diversity Committee. She is passionate about supporting and promoting non-traditional pathways for teacher candidates. She is published in the Community College Journal of Research and Practice and in Digital Commons.
- Ed.D., Educational Leadership, University of Washington
- M.A., Teaching, Ashford University
- B.S., Chemical Engineering, Purdue University
- State of Washington Lifetime Substitute Certificate
- State of Washington Residency Teacher Certificate: Chemistry, Earth and Space Science, and Mathematics Endorsements
- School of Education
- Division of Teacher Education
- Common Core State Standards
- Mathematics Methods
- Smarter Balanced Assessment
- STEM Education
Monday and Thursday, 3-4:30 p.m.