Online Educational Leadership Degree

Frequently Asked Questions

How often do I need to be online for the online program?

You must be online sufficiently throughout each week to participate in threaded discussions and to complete all assignments by their designated deadlines. However, there is no prescribed amount of time or designated time that you will be required to be online because assignments and their deadlines will vary throughout each eight-week course.

How many units do I take?

Students may take no more than 6 units per session.

How long is a term?

School of Education graduate programs run on eight-week sessions, with two sessions each term.

Will I have to complete any part of my M.A. in Educational Leadership and Preliminary Administrative Services Credential at an APU campus location?

No. You can complete your leadership degree and credential entirely online. No campus visits or meetings are required.

Is a California teaching credential required?

Yes, a valid teaching credential is required if you are pursuing the PASC.

How many units can I transfer?

Appropriate transfer work may be accepted toward a master's degree. Transfer units may not exceed 20 percent of the units required for the master's degree with PASC. Contact your program representative or the Office of the Graduate and Professional Registrar for more information.

Are scholarships available?

Several types of financial aid, ranging from federal loans and state grants, to fellowships and scholarships, are available. Learn more about the financial aid opportunities available to you.

Note: This information is current for the 2017-18 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.