Domestic Applicant Requirements
The upcoming application deadlines are:
Spring 2020: November 18, 2019
Summer 2020: March 30, 2020
- Twelve semester units of undergraduate or graduate coursework in education
- For each year of verified full-time teaching, three units of prerequisites may be waived
Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the standard admission process. View international requirements below or contact the International Center.
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Two recommendations submitted by principals, district administrators, professors, or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- One-page personal statement describing educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals
- Résumé or statement of experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance (COC). Applicants for Summer or Fall Terms must have a COC valid through January 31. Applicants for the Spring Term must have a COC valid through June 30. View instructions on Obtaining a Certificate of Clearance. Applicants are encouraged to begin this step as soon as possible to allow time for the California Commission on Teacher Credentialing to process your information.
- Emailed letter to the educational technology program director, Kathleen Bacer, Ed.D. at email@example.com, describing technology proficiencies, technology goals, and learning styles that may be suitable to the online learning environment and educational technology degree. Also include the model and brand of the computer you will be using for the program, along with your Internet service provider.
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Watch the Application Tutorial
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.