The APU Ecuador Semester, in collaboration with Living and Learning International, allows students to participate in a study away program focused on learning South American culture, the Spanish language, and practical application within ministry, through service learning or an internship experience. Students will enjoy rich interaction with the culture through provided excursions, including the Galapagos Islands and the deep Amazon jungle.
- Education: Courses such as Spiritual Formation, Worldview, Spanish, and others
- Service: Practical experience and opportunities through internships
- Intentionality: Life-impacting interaction with staff and faculty
- Cross-Cultural: Setting that gives learning opportunities: home stays, language, etc.
- Adventure: Traveling to the Amazon Rainforest and Galapagos Islands
- Community: Living and learning with other college students
- Ministry and Mission: Partnership with other believers and the Church in Ecuador
Quito, the capital of Ecuador, forms a harmonious ensemble sui generis, where the actions of man and nature are brought together. With its historic centre and its buildings, the city is an outstanding example of the Baroque school of Quito, a fusion of European and indigenous art. The city occupies a small basin in the great central plateau formed by the volcano Pichincha, the Puengasi ridge, and ridges formed by spurs from the eastern side of Pichincha. The land upon which Quito is built is uneven and is traversed by two deep ravines (quebradas), one of which is arched over in great part to preserve the alignment of the streets, the drainage of which escapes through a cleft in the ridge northward to the plain of Tumbaco.
View the Message from the Director to students.
Check out this video and hear from a past cohort why you should attend APU Ecuador:
Student scholarships, grants, and other financial aid may be used for payment while attending the APU Ecuador Semester. For more information regarding program tuition and costs, see the Financial Aid Policies.
For more information about the program, courses, and how to apply, visit Ecuador Semester.