Transfer Policies

Please note: All transfer courses submitted for credit are subject to approval by the Graduate and Professional Registrar.

APU may accept transfer credit for courses from schools accredited by regional agencies recognized by the Council for Higher Education Administration (CHEA). Find out if your school’s accreditation is recognized by the CHEA.

APU may also accept a maximum of 12 units of non-General Education elective credit from institutions accredited by the following faith-related organizations:

  • Association for Biblical Higher Education (ABHE)
  • Association of Theological Schools (ATS)
  • Transnational Association of Christian Colleges and Schools (TRACS)

Please note:

-The university can give credit for no more than 70 units of junior/community/two-year college work, and there is a maximum of 90 units that may be accepted from a four-year institution or combination of two- and four-year schools.

-Only courses where a grade of C- or above is earned will be transferred for credit. However, some majors require a different minimum grade.