Federal Pell Grant

As a graduate or professional student, you may qualify for a Federal Pell Grant, which is gift aid that does not need to be repaid. Eligibility is determined upon completion of your FAFSA. It is awarded dependent upon your financial need, cost of attendance, and enrollment status. Throughout your academic career, you may receive a Federal Pell Grant for up to 12 terms/semesters, or approximately 6 years. You may not receive a Federal Pell Grant from more than one school at a time.

Professional students must be pursuing their first bachelor’s or professional degree.

Graduate students must be pursuing their first teaching credential to qualify. The following graduate programs are currently Pell Grant-eligible:

  • Special Education Mild/Moderate Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential
  • Special Education Moderate/Severe Disabilities Specialist Preliminary Credential

Eligibility Requirements:

  • Enroll at least half-time (6 units) per term
  • Have financial need as determined by the Free Application for Federal Student Aid (FAFSA)
  • Have remaining Pell eligibility (under 600 percent)

More information can be found on the federal student aid website.

Business Hours in July

University offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4, and Friday, July 5.

Most offices will also close at noon on Friday, July 12, and Friday, July 19. Please keep these closures in mind as you make plans.