To provide extra care to currently enrolled graduate and professional students, limited emergency funds are available to support those who are unable to meet essential expenses due to temporary hardship resulting from an unexpected situation. Graduate and professional emergency aid is designed to assist students with an urgent and specific financial need that may negatively impact progress in their current program.
Please note that these funds cannot be used toward an owing balance at APU.
Emergency Aid Details
- Maximum allowable aid: $1,000 per academic year
- Students submitting a request for emergency funds must be enrolled in courses and active in their program during the time of the request
- Students must be in good academic standing and maintain satisfactory academic progress
- Students must have completed a FAFSA and accepted all Subsidized and/or Unsubsidized Direct Loans offered (excluding international students)
- Tuition and fees must be paid in full for the term in which aid is requested
- Students should be able to demonstrate an urgent financial need (providing supporting documentation if applicable)
- Financial hardship must have occurred while enrolled at APU
- Emergency aid counts toward estimated financial assistance and will be balanced with your existing financial aid package
For consideration, please fill out the Emergency Aid Application.
The Office of Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services will review each submission as soon as possible and contact the requester to discuss the application and other possible resources. A request does not guarantee availability of funds.