To provide extra care to currently enrolled graduate and professional students, limited emergency funds are available to support those who are unable to meet essential expenses due to temporary hardship resulting from an unexpected situation. Graduate and professional emergency aid is designed to assist students with an urgent and specific financial need that may negatively impact progress in their current program.
Emergency Aid Details
- Maximum allowable aid: $1,000 per academic year
- Students submitting a request for emergency funds must be enrolled in courses and active in their program during the time of the request.
- Supporting documents, if available, must be provided.
- Students must be in good academic standing.
- Students must have all financial aid requirements complete for the current aid year.
- Emergency aid counts toward estimated financial assistance and will be balanced with your existing financial aid package.
For consideration, please fill out the Emergency Aid Application.
The offices of Graduate and Professional Student Financial Services and Graduate and Professional Student Affairs will review each submission as soon as possible and contact the requester to discuss the application and other possible resources. A request does not guarantee availability of funds.
Business Hours in July
University offices will be closed on Thursday, July 4, and Friday, July 5.
Most offices will also close at noon on Friday, July 12, and Friday, July 19. Please keep these closures in mind as you make plans.