Services and Fees
The Student Health Center provides many services for a nominal fee to students of the APU community, including:
- Biopsy or removal of certain skin abnormalities
- Blood tests, titers, and cultures
- Cholesterol screening
- Counseling for those with eating disorders
- Diagnosis and treatment for mental health issues
- Immunizations for travel, admission, and illness
- Medications: the SHC stocks more than 40 different medications for your convenience.
- Pap smears
- Physical exams: General, Nursing, Athletic Training, Walkabout, and Study Abroad
- Selected referrals to specialists
- Sexually transmitted disease screening and treatment
- Sleep issues
- Smoking cessation
- Sports injuries
- Stress support
- Substance abuse testing and support
- Treatment of minor illnesses
- Treatment of minor injuries
- Wart freezing with liquid nitrogen
- Weight management
- Women’s health
Fees are placed directly on student accounts unless the student opts to pay for them at the time of service. Most fees are 100 percent reimbursable by insurance unless it is an HMO or Kaiser.
Office Visits: No charge
Casting: $30–$50 (depending on supplies used)
Wart freezing: $20/visit
[For treatment options other than freezing, please review the Treating Warts (PDF) document.]
Biopsy and suturing: $50 for supplies utilized plus pathology cost
Lab tests: minimal charge; varies by specific tests
No-shows and late cancellations (less than one hour before the scheduled appointment time) will be assessed a $10 fee.
Immunizations: Visit the Travel Immunizations page for a full price list of immunizations offered.
Fees for any services may be paid by either placing them on the student’s account, or paying by cash, check (payable to APU), credit or debit. All fees will be put on the student’s account at the end of the business day if not paid by other means.
- Fees are subject to change. Please contact the health center for the most recent pricing. ↵