The Honors College offers students a rigorous and life-changing course of study in a supportive and collaborative environment. As an Honors student at APU, you will enjoy the following benefits:
- In-depth learning in small, discussion-based classes
- A cohesive curriculum with no secondary textbooks, no exams, and no busy work
- Excellent professors, including Aristotle, Augustine, Shakespeare, and C.S. Lewis
- Exemption from general education classes in order to complete a minor or second major in humanities
- Early registration privileges to reserve a spot in desired classes
- Financial support in the form of a $1,000-per-year scholarship, a personal library of classics, and free concerts, films, plays, lectures, and visits to area museums
- Access to a vibrant living-learning community for Honors freshmen
- Individualized attention and an outstanding liberal arts-style education with all the resources and benefits of a comprehensive, Christian university near Los Angeles
Participation in the Honors College aims to not only prepare you for a career, but for all the spheres of life you will experience beyond graduation. Nonetheless, the ability to combine study of the humanities with a second major while graduating in four years creates many career opportunities. The program provides top graduate schools and employers with candidates possessing strong moral character and the ability to think deeply and communicate articulately. Honors College graduates acquire key skills useful in every field of endeavor: critical thinking, teamwork, oral communication, and written communication.
The Honors College offers a minor and major in humanities to qualified students. Learn more about Honors College program options.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.