Barbara Nicolosi Harrington is an internationally acknowledged expert on the nature and social effects of narrative, as well as on the intersection of faith and culture. She has been a featured speaker at conferences at the Vatican, as well as many universities including Notre Dame, USC, Calvin, and Valencia, Spain. Harrington was the founding director of the prestigious Act One: Hollywood training program for aspiring writers and entertainment executives. She is an accomplished screenwriter, member of the Writers Guild of America, and author of Notes to Screenwriters (2015, Michael Wiese Press). Harrington has been recognized with several academic, industry, and ecclesial distinctions including two Catholic Press Awards, the Lay Person of the Year Award from Legatus International, and the Champion for Life Award of the Archdiocese of Chicago. She has been a panelist for the National Endowment for the Arts, a judge for the prestigious Humanitas Prize for screenwriting, and a Blue Ribbon Jurist for the Angeles Awards for Student Film. Harrington has appeared as an expert on ABC, NBC, and EWTN, and in articles in The New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Premiere, Details, Christianity Today and the National Catholic Register.
- Ph.D. in Creative Writing, Bath Spa University
- M.A. in Radio/TV/Film, NorthwesternUniversity
- B.A. in Great Books/Liberal Arts, Magdalen College
- Member, Writers Guild of America-West
- Honors College
- Christianity and Culture
- Movies and Television
- HON 101 – Leadership
- HON 240 – Honors Program, Freshmen Second Semester
- HON 260 – Honors Program, Sophomore First Semester
- HON 280 – Honors Program, Sophomore Second Semester
- TFT 101 – Christianity and the Creative Process
- TFT 274 – Story and Character
- TFT 375 – Screenwriting
- TFT 385 – Intermediate Screenwriting
- TFT 485 – Advanced Screenwriting
- TFT 495 – CINE Critical Studies (Masters of Cinema)
Wednesday and Friday
8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.
8:30 a.m.-12 p.m.