Advanced Leadership Certificate
The Advanced Leadership Certificate program is a joint venture between the Office of Human Resources’ Workplace Learning and the School of Behavioral and Applied Sciences.
The 12-unit (4 three-unit classes) program is designed for post-baccalaureate APU employees who desire to develop their leadership skills, and apply concepts and principles that will enhance their personal and professional development.
The Advanced Leadership Certificate program is committed to preparing employees to be organizational leaders in today’s rapidly changing multicultural world while equipping them with skills for work and life.
This program incorporates work which may be applied to a Master of Arts in Leadership. Academic advising with the M.A. in Leadership program coordinator is available for certificate program employees wishing to pursue their master’s degree.
The Advanced Leadership Certificate program is based on the following objectives:
- Recognizing individual leadership styles and personalities as they relate to individual strengths and the achievement of organizational goals.
- Acknowledging that social science and biblical values are operationalized into an informed ethic of leading.
- Viewing transformational leadership as a liberating force in the development of human resources as well as organizational goals.
- Identifying and creating opportunities for learning in order to become proactive, lifelong learners and agents of change.
The Advanced Leadership Certificate is granted to employees who complete four designated courses (12 units with at least a B grade in each course).
Required Courses (9 units)
- LDRS 501 Foundations of Leadership Theory (3)
- LDRS 502 Cornerstones of Christian Leadership (3)
- LDRS 503 Organizational Behavior (3)
Elective Courses (3 units)
Select one of the following:
- LDRS 510 Creative and Collaborative Leadership (3)
- LDRS 516 Leadership Development and Practice (3)
- LDRS 534 Leader as an Agent of Change (3)
Should you have any questions, please email email@example.com.
More information on program distinctives and benefits, cost, prerequisites, and the application process can be found on the Certificate Programs page.