Michael Chamberlain, Ph.D.
Program Director, American Language and Culture Institute
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 3069
Office Location: , Room 103
A graduate of World Learning’s School for International Training and Biola's Cook School of Intercultural Studies, Michael Chamberlain, Ph.D., spent the first part of his career designing English as a Second Language (ESL) programs for international business and political leaders. As program director of APU’s American Language and Culture Institute in the Department of Global Studies, Sociology, and TESOL, Chamberlain has brought his experiential learning approach to students learning English for academic purposes at APU, where his ESL students have matriculated to undergraduate, graduate, and professional programs with great success. Chamberlain has also taught graduate courses in the TESOL department. His research interest is in the area of worldview change experienced by international learners while studying in the United States.
- Ph.D., Intercultural Education, Cook School of Intercultural Studies, Biola University
- M.A., Teaching English to Speakers of Other Languages, World Learning’s School for International Training
- B.A., University of New Hampshire
- College of Liberal Arts and Sciences
- American Language and Culture Institute