Study Rooms Policies
Study rooms are located in all APU libraries, and are provided for the use of students. Study rooms are generally available for 2-4 people per small room (although groups of 2 take precedence), and 4 or more people per large room. They are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Reservations are not available for study room use, but reservations may be made for the One Button Studio in Marshburn via 25Live.
Some of the Marshburn study rooms are equipped with CD, DVD, and VCR players for course-related purposes.
- The rooms are not soundproof, so be considerate of nearby patrons.
- Time restrictions (2-hour maximum) may be imposed during heavy usage periods.
- Food and beverages are permitted in Marshburn and Darling Libraries; food and beverages are not permitted in Stamps Library.
The use of a study room is at the discretion of the library. Study rooms will be monitored by library personnel. Any unacceptable use may lead to forfeiting the use of the room; examples of unacceptable use include but are not limited to:
- Using it as a classroom
- Watching non-course-related material on the TVs
- Excessive noise
- Using it as a break room, including eating meals, having social meetings, etc.
Note: Backpacks and other belongings are not adequate to “claim the room.”
Learn more about the study rooms and view the live calendars. If you have any questions regarding this policy, contact the libraries at (626) 815-3847.