Bringing STEM to Life
Sponsored by The Helen and Will Webster Foundation and Azusa Pacific University, the Bringing STEM to Life grant program provides support for teachers of STEM subjects in Los Angeles County. Individual grants range from $250-$850; group grants are available for up to $1,700 (groups of 2 teachers), $2,550 (groups of 3), and $3,400 (groups of 4).
Grants will be given for 4 categories:
- classroom resources,
- field trips,
- on-campus presentations,
- and/or professional development
Eligibility to Apply
Eligible applicants must teach:
- TK/PK–12th grades
- at a charter, public, private, or parochial school
- in Los Angeles County.
We will not be funding requests for computers, iPads, or other tablets this year. Some suggestions for classroom resources include robotics kits, microscopes, and books, but we welcome creative ideas and cross-curricular focus.
The online application for the 2018-19 school year is now closed. The due date was October 1st. Check back in August or September 2019 for the 2019-20 application.
- A grant request is more likely to be granted if the application includes all the information required, particularly on how the use of the grant will relate to the teaching of STEM subjects.
- Grant applicants will not be contacted to fill in missing information, so an incomplete or sparse application will not be considered.
- The application must include the filled-out, signed Substitute W-9 form (available as a link on the application) in order to be eligible for acceptance.
- Grant checks are issued directly to each grant recipient, so the form should be filled out with the grant applicant’s personal information (not that of a school or district). We are unable to issue checks without a Social Security number on the form.
Note that grants are not considered as taxable income but rather as reimbursements—as long as the receipt(s) and report on the use of the grant are received by June 15, 2019. Grants will only be reported as taxable income in the case of a grant recipient not turning in the required report and receipt(s). More information on the report will be sent with grant notification.
Confirmation of successful submission of the application will appear after the “Submit” button is clicked.
Please do not submit multiple applications. If edits are needed, please email LibraryEPO@apu.edu.
A copy of the application will be emailed automatically to the email address(es) provided on the application.
Applicants are strongly encouraged to provide two separate email addresses to help avoid missing any correspondence from us due to spam filters.
After the deadline has passed, notification will be sent. All applicants, whether they are receiving a grant or not, will be sent email notification to the email address(es) provided on the application.
Follow for Updates
Want to be kept updated about Bringing STEM to Life? Follow us on Facebook for the latest information.