- A Mac or PC desktop or laptop computer that meets the minimum requirements (Contact the program director for specifications.)
- Internet Service Provider
- Email account
Other equipment, such as a digital camera, Web cam, and CD/DVD burner may be needed with certain courses and student-selected projects.
- Current operating systems (Mac: OS X; PC: Windows 7 or higher)
- Latest version of Internet Explorer, Safari, or Mozilla/Firefox
- Microsoft Office
- Candidates must pass a Praxis exam to demonstrate their competency as teacher librarians prior to completion of the program. Learn more on the Praxis website.
- Mark application for the Teacher Librarian Services Credential program.
- Look for a letter from the Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions after submitting the application form. A letter of admission will include instructions for registering for the applicant’s first courses.
- Refer to “Online Class Instructions” published in each graduate class schedule booklet.
- Students may not enroll in more than seven units per eight-week session.
- Students must sign up for TaskStream.
Frequently Asked Questions
How often do I need to be online for the online program?
You must be online sufficiently throughout each week to participate in threaded discussions and to complete all assignments by their designated deadlines. However, there is no prescribed amount of time or designated time that you will be required to be online because assignments and their deadlines will vary throughout each eight-week course.
Will I have to complete any part of my Online Teacher Librarian Services Credential at an APU campus location?
No. You can complete your librarian services credential entirely online. No campus visits or meetings are required.
How long are the terms?
Graduate library programs run on eight-week sessions, with two sessions each term.
How many courses should I take during each term?
Students typically enroll in one or two each term.
How long does it take to complete the program?
The coursework can be completed in 2 years, depending on how many courses a student takes each term.
What are the prerequisites?
To enroll in the library credential program, the student must hold a teaching credential.
Are scholarships available?
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.