Domestic Applicant Requirements
Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the standard admission process. View international requirements below or contact the International Center.
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university.
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4.0 scale. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals who do not meet this criterion if competency can be shown.
- An approved computer and internet access
- Internet proficiency
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Essay (1-2 pages) describing your interest in becoming a teacher librarian; your prior experience, if any, in the field; and your potential contributions to school librarianship
- Résumé or statement of experience including the most relevant work and volunteer experience
- Two letters of recommendation submitted by professors or employers who have current knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Proof of valid prerequisite California teaching credential that requires a program of professional preparation including student teaching
- Proof of Certificate of Clearance or valid Commission on Teacher Credentialing (CTC) document for those residing in the state of California. Applicants residing outside California may complete the Affidavit for Clearance.
- Proof the Basic Skills Requirement has been satisfied or proof of paid registration for the next available California Basic Educational Skills Test (CBEST) administration
Note: Candidates for the Teacher Librarian Services Credential must have met all requirements for a credential in California which includes subject-matter competency, CBEST, RICA, and any other requirements. The Master of Arts in School Librarianship is a K-12 program and not ALA accredited.
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.