Azusa Pacific’s Reserve Officer Training Core (ROTC) program combines the military strengths of discipline and leadership with the university’s faith-based learning community, deepening and enhancing the college experience. Cadets learn leadership skills that prepare them to join the Army or civilian workforce and equip them to succeed in the most challenging circumstances.
The ROTC program at APU is part of the Golden Lions Battalion based out of Claremont McKenna College. The Golden Lions Battalion consists of 6 main college campuses connecting more than 15 local universities and community colleges that train with one another. The program brings together a tight-knit, welcoming group of scholar-leaders who value service and dedication to their country. ROTC cadets at APU regularly hold top leadership positions in the ROTC Battalion that encompasses institutions throughout the Inland Empire. If you are interested in joining, contact us today!
- Army – Azusa Pacific’s Army ROTC program trains students to become Army officers as well as leaders in the professional world while providing money for tuition.
- Army Green to Gold – The Army Green to Gold Active Duty Option is a two-year program designed for eligible, enlisted soldiers who want to remain on active duty while attending college to earn a degree.
Army ROTC Scholarships and Tuition Assistance
Army ROTC scholarships are available to both graduating high school students and current college students. Scholarships are awarded based on merit, not by financial need.
Army ROTC scholarships include:
- Two-, three- or four-year options based on the time remaining to complete your degree
- Full-tuition scholarships
- The option for room and board in place of tuition, if you qualify
- Additional allowances for books and fees
APU offers additional support for Army ROTC scholarship recipients in covering on-campus housing and meal plans. For information regarding tuition assistance or housing and meal benefits for ROTC students, refer to the current Undergraduate Catalog and contact Undergraduate Student Financial Services.
Army ROTC scholarships also provide monthly living allowances for each school year. The amount earned depends on your level in the Army ROTC curriculum:
- First year: $300 per month
- Second year: $350 per month
- Third year: $450 per month
- Fourth year: $500 per month
This allowance is also available to all non-scholarship cadets enrolled in the Army ROTC Advanced Course (third and fourth years).
Life as an APU Army ROTC Cadet
As a cadet, in addition to regular college coursework and activities, you will have further training, including:
- Physical training (PT) three times a week
- One military science class a semester lead by cadre
- Training with other colleges on select Fridays
- Field Training Exercise (FTX) once each semester over a weekend at Camp Pendleton in Oceanside, California
- Summer training also available for cadets
Attend a training session to see what the APU ROTC program is all about. Contact MSIII Reyna Peña at firstname.lastname@example.org or (925) 642-2009.
For more information about the ROTC program at APU, contact Captain Joseph Guillet at email@example.com or (931) 801-9796, or contact Recruiting Operations Officer Joshua James at firstname.lastname@example.org or (909) 607-7752.