To apply to the Artist Certificate program, please download, print, complete, and submit the Artist Certificate Application (PDF) to the School of Music:
School of Music – Artist Certificate Program
Azusa Pacific University
901 E. Alosta Avenue
P.O. Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702 -7000, USA
If you have any questions please contact (626) 815-3848 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fall Semester: April 1
Spring Semester: September 15
- Artist Certificate Application Form
- $65 (U.S.) nonrefundable application fee
- Audition Video
Live auditions are preferred for local applicants; DVDs (any region) are also acceptable. Students may upload their audition videos to YouTube and list the web address in their application. The audition video should be high quality and constitute a total of at least 30 minutes of music from the audition repertoire list (please refer to the Audition Repertoire list for your area of study).
- A professional photograph
- Two recommendation forms (written in English) – attached
- Forms should be completed by professors or employers (non-family members) who have knowledge of the applicant’s academic ability and potential
- Submit a letter to the Artist Certificate Program Director describing your educational goals as well as short- and long-term professional goals. Please also include what you hope to accomplish by participating in the Artist Certificate Program.
A petition process exists for students desiring consideration of an exception to stated university policies, procedures, and regulations. The student will need to complete the Artist Certificate Petition Form (PDF) and submit it to the director of the Artist Certificate program for logging in and tracking in the program. Once all signatures are obtained, the director will submit the petition for final approval by the dean or associate dean. Once a decision has been made, the director of the Artist Certificate program will notify the student whether the petition has been approved or denied.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.