Students must have conversational proficiency with a minimum TOEFL iBT score of 50, with minimum subscores of 15 in Speaking and 15 in Listening.
International Student Standards
International students are held accountable to the standards set by the APU International Center and the U.S. Department of Homeland Security. All international students are required to:
- Attend Global Student Orientation hosted by APU’s International Students and Scholars (ISS)
- Attend the Artist Certificate Orientation and Registration described in the acceptance letter
- Purchase and maintain health insurance throughout the school year
- Maintain full-time student status throughout the school year
- Maintain immigration status with ISS
International students who do not fulfill the standards mentioned above to satisfaction will be put on probation in the program. In extreme circumstances, participants will be considered “out of status” and may be dismissed summarily from the program without warning.
Note: This information is current for the 2019-20 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.