Prepare to Thrive in Music Entrepreneurship
In a world of digital albums, online streaming, and social network sensations, the traditional record label model is waning and opportunities for independent artists are on the rise. Azusa Pacific’s Master of Arts in Music Entrepreneurship equips talented, independent musicians and managers with the business acumen they need to thrive in the competitive, ever-changing music industry.
Learning under experienced music industry professionals, students in the music entrepreneurship degree program build on their professional careers by integrating knowledge and skill in music publishing, social media marketing, finance, entertainment law, and artist development and management. Students graduate ready to succeed in the music business, armed with industry knowledge and an understanding of how to harness the power of publishing to maximize revenue in the age of online streaming.
The M.A. in Music Entrepreneurship program accommodates working music professionals with an innovative low-residency format, requiring limited on-campus sessions.
Read more about the benefits of a low-residency program.
- Enjoy highly collaborative relationships with faculty-mentors who bring extensive industry experience and encourage students to hone their craft and elevate their music career.
- Take advantage of learning in close proximity to Los Angeles, a hub of entertainment innovation.
- Gain the knowledge you need to run your career like a small business, creating a sustainable living based on your music.
- Enter into the discussion about faith and ethics in the entertainment industry.
- Benefit from a low-residency format that allows you to complete your degree in as little as two years (including summers).
- Start the program when it works for you—multiple entry points mean you can begin your music entrepreneurship journey sooner.
Note: This information is current for the 2018-19 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.