Applications are accepted on an ongoing basis for upcoming class start dates. There are five class start dates per year. The first step is to apply or submit an inquiry online.
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Applicants must possess:
- Bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited college or university
- Minimum 3.0 GPA on a 4-point scale. Students with a grade-point average of 2.50-2.99 will be considered for admission on a provisional basis.
Applicants must submit:
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Current professional experience
- Two recommendations
- Letter of intent, 1,500 words or less, that answers the following questions:
- Please share your interest in studying the music industry.
- What are your career goals, and how would this degree assist you?
- Share a significant experience that motivated you to be a part of the music industry.
- What is your understanding of the relationship between music and entrepreneurship?
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
What to Expect
After all admission materials have been received by the Graduate and Professional Center, the faculty or department chair reviews the applicant’s file. The applicant is notified in writing of the admission decision.
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.