Catherine McCoy-Hill is a clinical expert in adult health and critical care nursing. She holds certification as a Critical Care Registered Nurse (CCRN), Clinical Nurse Specialist (CNS), and Adult Nurse Practitioner (ANP-C). Areas of publication and presentations include: Family centered critical care nursing, psychosocial and spiritual needs of patients and families facing critical illness, and end of life care. Her research interests include adult health and wellness, and management of patients with end stage liver disease. At APU, she serves as a professional studies representative to the University General Education Council, and as Senior Team Leader, Baccalaureate Council member, and Curriculum Committee member for the School of Nursing. As a master teacher McCoy-Hill is engaging in the classroom, and is dedicated to teaching students at the bedside; she has received several outstanding nurse educator awards from her students. As a designated Medical-Surgical Content Expert in the School of Nursing, her focus is on evidence-based practice in nursing curricula.
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (2005), Azusa Pacific University, Azusa, CA.
- Post Masters Adult Nurse Practitioner Program & Master of Science in Nursing (1986), California State University, Los Angeles, CA.
- Clinical Specialization: Adult/Gerontology, Bachelor of Science in Nursing (1979), California State University, Los Angeles, CA.
- Registered Nurse, State of California
- Adult Nurse Practitioner (AANP Certification)
- Clinical Nurse Specialist, State of California
- CCRN Certification (AACN Certification)
- Advanced Life Support Provider Certification
- School of Nursing
- Undergraduate Programs
- Adult Critical Care Nursing (CCRN)
- Adult/Gerontology (CNS)
- Adult Medical-Surgical Nursing
- Adult Primary Health Care (NP)
- Hepatology (NP)
- UNRS 411 Advanced Nursing Care of Adults&Aging
- UNRS 412 Clinical Residency
Office HoursMonday 9:00am-11:00am, 2:00pm-4:00pm
Additional appointments are available by request.