Applications are accepted on a rolling basis and are reviewed as they are completed for each term. The application deadline is approximately three weeks before the start of each semester.
Admission Requirements—Domestic Applicants
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete
International students have a separate application procedure that precedes the standard admission process. View international requirements below or contact the International Center.
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s degree from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Personal statement, one to two pages in length, that outlines your professional goals and what you want to accomplish through the completion of this degree
- Two recommendations from professional references who have the ability to evaluate your performance (e.g., managers, supervisors, and academic faculty; not coworkers)
Send official transcripts to:
Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Note: This information is current for the 2021-22 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.