Candidates must be certified by the California Board of Registered Nursing as a nurse practitioner in the state of California and have an unrestricted license to practice nursing and furnish medications.
Fall term (August start): August 1
Spring term (January start): November 15
The university graduate and program admission requirements below must be met before an application is considered complete.
Please note: International students on an F-1 or J-1 visa will be eligible to apply for this program in 2020.
- Graduate application for admission
- $45 nonrefundable application fee
- Official transcripts from all institutions leading to and awarding the applicant’s bachelor’s and master’s degrees from a regionally accredited institution and all postbaccalaureate study
An official transcript is one that Azusa Pacific University receives unopened in an envelope sealed by the former institution and that bears the official seal of the college or university. A cumulative minimum 3.0 (on a 4.0 scale) grade-point average on the posted degree is required for regular admission status. Provisional admittance may be granted to individuals with a lower GPA if competency can be shown through multiple measures.
- Copy of California NP license and Furnishing license (out-of-state applicants must obtain California certification prior to starting clinical)
- Written statement of educational and professional goals
- Two recommendations from professional references who have the ability to evaluate the applicant’s performance in the nursing field (e.g., managers, supervisors, and academic faculty; not coworkers)
- Current résumé including professional nursing experience (minimum 2 years RN experience required), education, professional or academic honors, leadership activities, and volunteer activities
- Computer literacy
Transcripts should show completion of a BSN and MSN degree (master’s degree must be in nursing). Transcripts should indicate completion of graduate research and statistics, advanced pathophysiology, advanced pharmacology, and advanced health assessment.
Send official transcripts to:Graduate and Professional Center
Office of Graduate and Professional Admissions
Azusa Pacific University
PO Box 7000
Azusa, CA 91702-7000
Note: This information is current for the 2022-23 academic year; however, all stated academic information is subject to change. Please refer to the current Academic Catalog for more information.