Strategic goals for the OCS include the following:
- Ensure that schools/colleges/departments maintain the highest standards for the design, delivery, and evaluation of new initiatives, programs, and courses, and changes to the current curriculum.
- Maintain a centralized curriculum management system to facilitate curriculum management, educational effectiveness, and implementation of new initiatives, programs, and courses.
- Maintain a centralized catalog management system to ensure an up-to-date, accurate, and integrated system for communicating and delivering the APU undergraduate and graduate catalogs.
- Provide administrative support to the Academic Cabinet and the Undergraduate Studies, Professional Studies, Master’s Studies, Doctoral Studies, and General Education councils for review and approval of new and revised initiatives, programs, and courses.
- Report regularly to academic, cocurricular, and operations constituents on campus, and to accrediting agencies (as appropriate), the status of initiatives, programs, and courses.
- Oversee all accreditation processes for APU to the WASC Senior College and University Commission (WSCUC) .
- Maintain all accreditation records and serve as a resource for all schools/colleges/departments undergoing accreditation processes.