Take Classes at APU this Summer
Summer courses give you an opportunity to wrap up a few general education requirements or major courses so you can graduate on time—or even early! To help your wallet, summer tuition is discounted on approximately 200 classes. Make this a productive summer.
- Deeply discounted tuition for summer 2017 is only $592 per unit.*
- Take advantage of the option to use major credit cards (excludes American Express) to pay for summer 2017 tuition, fees, housing, and meals.
- Three short, intensive 5-week terms and a traditional 15-week term.
- Classes offered throughout the day.
- Summer housing is available for APU students. Stay all summer and receive a 50 percent discount.
- Registration opens March 13, 2017, and is first come, first served.
*Traditional undergraduate students only. A one-time $100 university service fee will be applied to your student account. APU scholarships are not available during summer terms. Please contact One Stop to discuss financial options available to you.
ClassesFor a complete list of open classes, please visit the online class schedule.
Summer I: May 15–June 16
Summer II: June 19–July 21
Summer III: July 17–August 18
Summer Traditional 15-Week: May 15–August 25
View the academic calendar for term specific dates and deadlines.
Current APU Students
- Register for summer courses through your One Stop tab on home.apu.edu, just like fall and spring registration. Summer registration begins March 13, 2017.
- Once you have registered, pay for your classes through CASHNet, just like you do during the school year. All students are enrolled in a two-month payment plan due on May 1 and June 1. Full summer 2017 balance is due by June 1 or at time of registration if registering on or after June 1. Please note, students enrolling in summer 2017 will be charged a one-time $100 university service fee.
Non-APU Students (including freshmen and transfer students starting at APU in Fall 2017)
- Apply for summer courses as a non-degree seeking student using the Summer 2017 Online Application. Keep in mind that enrollment in a summer term does not constitute acceptance into an APU degree program.
- Wait for an email confirmation that your application has been approved. This may take up to two business days. The email will include instructions on how to register for courses and pay your bill.
- A second email will follow with your home.apu.edu login information. Use that to log in to the One Stop tab to register for summer courses beginning March 13, 2017.
- Once you have registered, pay for your classes through CASHNet (available in your Student Center). All students are enrolled in a two-month payment plan due on May 1 and June 1. Full summer 2017 balance is due by June 1 or at time of registration if registering on or after June 1. Please note, students enrolling in summer 2017 will be charged a one-time $100 university service fee.
APU students have the option of living on campus for all or part of the summer. For more information on how to obtain summer housing, view Summer Housing Options (PDF).
- For more information about summer school, please contact One Stop at (626) 815-2020.
- For more information about enrolling in summer term(s) as a non-degree seeking student, contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions at (800) 825-5278.