Transfer Courses to APU
New Transfer Students
If you are currently applying to APU and would like to transfer course credit from another institution, please review the Transfer Applicants Requirements and check with your admissions counselor in the Office of Undergraduate Admissions. You may also want to review our General Education and Articulation transfer information to get an idea of how your coursework will transfer to APU.
Current Students Transferring Courses
Follow the steps below to see if a class transfers to APU:
- Check our Articulation Agreements for pre-approved courses from community colleges and other colleges and universities.
- If the course you would like to take is not listed, or no pre-approved Articulation Agreement exists for that school, you will need to file a Transfer Inquiry Form (Current APU Students Only) (PDF) for review with One Stop.
- If you are not a current APU student, please contact the Office of Undergraduate Admissions for course review.
File a Transfer Inquiry Form:
- Print and fill out the Transfer Inquiry Form (Current APU Students Only) (PDF).
- A copy of the course syllabus is required with the Transfer Inquiry Form. The syllabus can usually be obtained from the appropriate department at the institution.
- Turn in your completed Transfer Inquiry Form and syllabus to One Stop.
- The transfer class will be evaluated by the appropriate departments according to APU guidelines and transfer policies. A finished copy of the Transfer Inquiry Form will be emailed to you in approximately 2–3 weeks with the final result.
Please Note: Approval of a Transfer Inquiry Form does not guarantee that the transferred units will be accepted. Students must receive a grade of C- or higher in the class in order to transfer it to APU.