Shared Vision 2022
As members of the Azusa Pacific University community, we claim this vision together:
We will be a premier Christian university and a recognized leader in higher education, a city on a hill that reflects the life of Christ and shines the light of Truth.
University Strategic Priorities 2017-2022
The university strategic priorities define institutional purposes and ensure that objectives of the university are met according to the plans initiated by various university stakeholders (e.g., administration, academy, cocurricular, and operations). These six strategic priorities guide the university toward 2022.
1: Enhance the university’s ability to flourish in and engage with an increasingly post-Christian culture.
- 1.1 Effectively communicate the mission, delivery model, and positive impact of APU to California legislators.
- 1.2 Deepen collaborative relationships with California churches and their leaders.
- 1.3 Be a preferred destination for students and parents seeking Christ-centered higher education.
2: Deliver academic and cocurricular programs with continued excellence, while increasing attention to affordability, accessibility, and innovation.
- 2.1 Increase opportunities for students to access and afford an APU education.
- 2.2 Expand student-focused resources to ensure effective and successful academic outcomes.
- 2.3 Positively impact the holistic student experience through high-quality and effective cocurricular services and opportunities for all students.
3: Grow total student headcount to 19,500 by 2022 to strengthen our Christ-centered mission and fiscal viability.
- 3.1 System student headcount by 2022: traditional undergraduate (5,500), graduate and professional (8,000), and University College (6,000).
- 3.2 Create an APU system, which allows each member to flourish within a shared Christ-centered mission
4: Cultivate a Christ-centered, inclusive institutional culture that intentionally values people, diversity, and mutual understanding in community.
- 4.1 Improve levels of employee engagement.
- 4.2 Intentionally integrate best-practice diversity efforts across the institution.
- 4.3 Increase awareness in the APU community regarding our institutional heritage.
5: Strengthen the financial health of the institution to accomplish our mission.
- 5.1 Improve operational financial basis as measured by key indicators.
- 5.2 Grow university endowment funds to $100M by 2022.
- 5.3 Develop projects and initiatives critical to our mission that support raising $30M by 2020.
6: Advance the physical and virtual infrastructure to execute our mission and support our growth goals.
- 6.1 Establish an updated master plan and execute its initial phase, including infrastructure initiatives and deferred-maintenance funding plan.
- 6.2 Establish federated support model and IT governance culture to prioritize university projects and execute growth strategy.
- 6.3 Prepare learning spaces and digital infrastructure for the next generation of students and learning paradigms.