Dissertation and Thesis Publications
Graduate Student Publications (GSP) ensures that dissertations and theses from APU graduate students are published on ProQuest with appropriate professional styles and formats. In so doing, GSP:
- Reviews dissertations and theses based on the current APU Style and Format Handbook for Dissertation and Thesis Publications (PDF) (complying with the 7th edition APA), 2nd ed., May 2020
- Approves manuscripts for publication
- Sends the publication approval to Registrar’s office for degree posting
- Delivers students’ dissertations and theses to ProQuest for publication
Please Note: Students have the option of following the 1st ed. of the handbook which is compliant with APA 6th ed. until August 31, 2021. Starting on September 1, 2021, the 2nd ed. of the handbook, compliant with APA 7th ed., is required.
GSP now maintains two Canvas courses:
- Publishing Dissertations and Theses: Processes, Guidelines, and Resources that complies with the 6th edition of APA
- Publishing Dissertations and Theses: Processes, Guidelines, and Resources (complies with 7th edition of APA)
Both courses consist of seven modules that cover all requirements for graduate students to publish their dissertations and theses on ProQuest through GSP. Some features of these Canvas courses:
- They are available to anyone with a home.apu.edu account
- There are no charges, no assignments, and no grades
- They provide all resources in one place
How to access the Canvas courses:
- Sign in to home.apu.edu and select the Canvas option under "My Links"
- Select the “Courses” box
- Publishing Dissertations and Theses: Processes, Guidelines, and Resources for the option that complies with the 6th edition of APA, or
- Publishing Dissertations and Theses: Processes, Guidelines, and Resources to comply with the 7th edition of APA
For More Information
Sharon Wang, Ph.D.
Director, Graduate Student Publications
(626) 815-6000, Ext. 5850