Meet the Staff
- Michelle LaPorte, M.Ed.DirectorPhone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2824Email: email@example.com
Michelle joined APU in 2014 and serves as the director of the Center for Academic Service-Learning. She earned a B.A. in Psychology and Youth Ministry from Hope International University and an M.A. in Education from Azusa Pacific University. Michelle came to APU with over 15 years of experience in education, primarily in educational administration at an international school in China. The intersection of gospel-centered learning and service has been personally transforming and she finds much fulfillment in collaborating with others who share her passion to provide meaningful educational experiences for students that make a difference in the community.
- Catherine WadeProgram CoordinatorPhone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2823Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Catherine began her service at APU in the Center for Academic Service-Learning in 2008. In her role as program coordinator, she is responsible for the administrative aspects of the service-learning programs. She has over 40 years of experience from her time at Pacific Telephone & Telegraph Co., Rain Bird Corporation, and English Language Institute, China. Catherine enjoys working with campus partners and being a part of a team that supports student engagement.
- Rebecca “Becca” Payne, M.A., M.S.Program CoordinatorPhone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2826Email: email@example.com
Becca serves as the program coordinator for the Center for Academic Service-Learning. She joined the team in 2017 after attaining a B.A. in Economics and an M.S. in College Counseling and Student Development from Azusa Pacific University and an M.A. in Executive Leadership from Liberty University. Becca spent several years after graduating serving in various areas within Christian higher education before returning to the APU Community. She comes to the Center for Academic Service-Learning with rich experience in both local and international partnership development and a heart for cultivating meaningful relationships resulting in real life change and learning for both APU students and the community.
- Allison DuffyC.H.A.M.P. DirectorPhone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2827Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Julian HerreraCoordinator for Educational and Professional DevelopmentPhone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2827Email: email@example.com
Service-Learning Advocates/Undergraduate Interns
General email: SLAdvocate@apu.edu
Please include the appropriate student's name in the subject line when emailing.
Phone: (626) 815-6000, Ext. 2823
- Jonathan EscobedoService-Learning Advocate
- Timothy GeeService-Learning Advocate
Sophomore—Allied Health/Honors Humanities
- Renae GiacopuzziService-Learning Advocate
- Jessica GrannerService-Learning Advocate
- Caleb HoornbeekService-Learning Advocate
- Stefan KingsleyService-Learning Advocate
- Mackenzie MillerService-Learning Advocate
- Toby “Nikki” RiedingerService-Learning Administrative Assistant
- Ella SeeService-Learning Advocate
- Heidi StewartService-Learning Advocate