Helping Evaluate Student Learning
This site is designed to provide information, tools, and best practices about Student Learning Assessment and Program Review at Azusa Pacific University. These resources are designed to assist programs as they move forward on the development and implementation of student learning outcomes, assessment plans, and program improvement.
The director of curricular effectiveness provides central leadership and support for the university’s and individual departments' institutional assessment activities. In regards to assessment and program review, our job is to:
- Establish and promote a university assessment plan and process.
- Oversee a university-wide, web-based assessment reporting system (TaskStream).
- Serve as the campus clearinghouse for information on best practices in assessment.
- Sponsor assessment training and workshops.
- Coordinate the program review process and facilitate its reporting and approval systems.
- Assist campus offices in gathering and interpreting general information about student achievement and the university's learning environment.
The office is available to assist any APU unit or office seeking to answer the question: “How do we know we are doing what we say we are doing?”